This x That:
- Newt Gingrich calls President Obama’s remarks on Trayvon Martin shooting “disgraceful” and “appalling”; George Zimmerman leaves voicemail message for supporter Frank Taaffe: “I am very sorry for the loss of your son”; Jeb Bush says “stand your ground” law does not apply to Zimmerman.
- Dartmouth College President Jim Yong Kim nominated by President Obama to head World Bank; here’s a video of Dr. Kim performing a sci-fi hip-hop rendition of “Time of My Life”; World Bank board considering two other nominees.
- President Obama’s campaign team marks two-year anniversary of Affordable Care Act by launching initiative to take back “Obamacare.”
- White House responds to petition asking that it take petitions seriously.
- Rick Santorum retracts remarks suggesting he would rather have Obama as president than Mitt Romney.
- African Union sending 5,000 troops to South Sudan on mission to capture Joseph Kony.
- Psst…hey you…yes, you…wanna buy Variety?
- NewsFeed: Prescription Pills, iPods and Live Bait: There’s a Vending Machine for That.
- Tea x Time List: 5 Ways to Beat Old-School Games Using Math.